1. an expression of a general truth or principle.
2. a principle or rule of conduct.
I wanted to compile a list of the maxims I have learnt over the years. Simple expressions that hold a lot of truth.
- Position before submission.
- Train hard, fight easy.
- It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.
- Winners don’t quit, and quitters don’t win.
- Hard work beats talent, when talent refuses to work hard.
- When they pull, you push. When they push, you pull.
- You can and will be tested, evertime you get on the mats.
- You don’t earn the belt, you become the belt.
- Practice doesn’t make perfect, practice makes permanent. Perfect practice makes perfect.
If you have any good ones, drop them in the comments.